The Race

 

!هلا


معكم هناء

It's Hanah here.

Well.....I didn't write on this blog for quite a time.... anyway today I'll be sharing with you a poem I composed as a project for school.

Basically, I've gotta write a 'rhythmic poem', It has to be something that has a strong and distinctive sound or movement.

I chose to write about a horse and here's my poem :



THE RACE


The dusty streets. Everybody's ready,
Awaiting in an open field,
Horses all lined up, focused through;
A feeling of frisson creeping, am I steady?

The starting barrier opens out
Everybody's screaming!
Am I focused
In such a tumult?

Tabdak...tabdak, trotting and plodding.
Cantering, galloping, and advancing!
Faster and faster, much challenging.

Speeding,
                                         and scudding.....phew!

Prancing and hurrying...
                Hurtling straight through

Whooooooooooooooosh, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

The sounds of applause filling the air!
Clapping, cheering, and whistling,

Did I finish it all through?

- Hanah D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars