Crickets

 

Crickets.


Crickets silent,

crickets chirp on.

Crickets chirpy sound on.

So familiar, because I've heard it since I was born.



O, now it's mute,

What can I say about them?

They are or ugly nor cute.

Nor pretty as a sparkly gem.



They are simply familiar,

but not as a grasshopper.

I remember not knowing what they were.

So I screamed hitting it with a mopper.



Thinking back,

 I'm not sure whether I've known crickets since I was born.

                                          Because then I wouldn't have hit it- oh smack.

                                But, yes but. I do remember the familiarity as it walked past my lorn.

                                                      

                                                                          Maybe......

                                                                            Yes, Maybe...

                                               I should let a cricket be with me.

                                                             Letting it be my friend. Foever until it comes to my end...


                                     - Khadijah Dilshad.

                                           

                                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars