My Nightmare Landscape

 My nightmare landscape : 

 It was almost difficult to see through the murky, dull overcast. My eyes flickered. I tried to concentrate - my body didn't feel balanced and my brain was foggy. The ground was vast, full of withered greyish leaves, pilled up, thick brawny roots creeped through, they looked as if they had hands that would appear to reach me out - with those long rooty fingers, and grab me through. I stumbled. Tried to clench one of the old, sturdy barks. 

A path had been made through, as long as my eyes could foresee - I tried to follow it faithfully. A bitter, cold breeze swirled through the landscape, uplifting every leaf below -  strands of the hairs on my skin straightened. Onto the right of the path a tire swing was tied to one of the trees - it was swinging, in obscure patterns. Blocking the pathway - a humungous, withered, ancient brown tree was leaning over, about to collapse in a jiff. I crouched my back and crept under as the leaves tickled my spine.

 From a distance, I couldn't apprehend what I could see, it was challenging to figure out. Closer, an oddly, antwacky build cement enclosure with short, wide muddy colored walls - half of it had been broken down. It was cracked and ramshackle enough to fall apart once anyone placed a finger on it. Age and the abundance of rain through the decades had caused the massive amount of graffiti on the walls to discolour and fade away - only a few distinctive embedded marks and stains could determine the abstruse untold story. Frayed, ragged, dull orange boots were planted on the ground, dirt and leaves had gotten through the soles, the spiders had found it secure enough to build their homes around it. It seemed as though someone had owned it. A pair of small, circle-shaped, blue buttons layed buried on the ground, visible white thread that went through one of the holes in the buttons, they were halfway through covered by the rocky, stiff ground.

Walking along the boundless thin, narrow, cracked path that was partly cemented, my eyes caught onto something unfamiliar, a human skeleton was hidden behind one of the humungous green oaks, although I couldn't interpret it from such a distance, it seemed to be as if it was half - deteriorating. The history of ail and grapple could be determined.  A flock of vultures was pecking parts of the skeleton's skull, as I witnessed the fresh blood seeping through their beaks it made me quite baffled though. The sight of violation and injustice overtook me, a fleet of arrack bottles stayed hidden through the corner of the tree, indicating some tipsy incidents.

The path kept leading me to such a peculiar environment that I'd never witnessed before; grime covered the slimy wooden stairs, footmarks were imprinted by the result of decades of passing through, and it was built over the muddy, soiled river - that appeared to be bobbing; my reflection peered at me as I consciously stepped onto each step. Rusted and half broken through - a huge metal arch stood in front. Nothing seemed quite familiar, I dreaded my next approach and struggled to keep up with my valiance and courage within myself.

 Light peered all its way through the overgrown weeds, from above the trees and beyond, the full moon watched my way - the light revealed some disguised parts of the landscape; I wished I didn't discern any such. The bitterly cold breezy hovered near me, lifting my garments and swaying - I shivered. The goosebumps ran through my body. I experienced much and tried to recognize and fathom most of what I witnessed. That was my nightmare landscape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars