Handmade Needlework : Fern Artwork

 ‏اَلسَلامُ عَلَيْكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اَللهِ وَبَرَكاتُهُ

It's Khadijah here!

In today's post I'll be sharing with you my first handmade needlework, InshaAllah. 

I used wool yarn to sew the leaves and an old material with sentimental value for the base. What makes the fabric so special is the fact that it is over 30 years old and that it was once a cushion cover of my grandma - thus the up-cycling comes into place.

 Ferns have always been impressive plants to me, their delicate foliage is so beautiful and they additionally make the perfect customer for a wall decor. Hence, I decided to sew fern leaves, using green yarn, onto the material. With this innovative idea, I was able to make a lovely wall decor for our living room by getting my handwork framed, Alhammdulilah.

I sewed three designs which are based on three different types of fern leaves :





Not only are they a wall decor, they can be also placed on shelves






Alhammduliah, this handmade wall decor really brightens our home as it adds colour just like all the other handmade decor does in our home.

 That's all I've got to share with you for today,

Until then, stay creative and get inspired.

Wassalam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars