3 Creative Ways to Customize Your Book covers

 Assalamualykum All!

Khadijah here, and as I said I'm here with a creative post!

We all are bored with those wonky and boring book covers, so why not customize your covers with simple supplies that make attractive covers?

Well, if you are interested, come along with me to get some inspiration!


For these book covers, you will require to have :


1. Poster Paint (or any type of paint)

2. Brushes and glitter pens


3. Surface to keep paint


1. Ombre pattern cover


My journal had an ugly cover that needed to be customized, so I decided to peel the glossy layer and leave it with the thin cardboard.


To do the ombre pattern, start by using a thick layer of white paint.

Then add your desired color ( I chose deep red ), blend it with white to create a lighter version.

                                      
Continue to darken the shades by adding a wee bit of black or what is necessary to make it darker.



You could write a saying or something nice using glitter or any type of pen.


And...voila! There you have it!
 

2. Soot Black book cover

This one was a bit of unsuccess, but my sister convinced me to show it as it was pretty for her.

It'll be alright if you try this idea, but the type of book I used caused this issue.

The book is general, it is our Arabic book. Since the cover was quite unpleasing, I thought painting and then designing over it would make a great look. However, the cover was totally glossy and I wasn't able to remove the gloss unlike the previous one. This caused it to not let the paint stick well onto it, but I still did my design. It got messed up because the glitter pens didn't go well with the smudgy paint, so my design was wonky. Thankfully, it already had a type of outer coverage so when I hold it my hands wouldn't be messed with paint and ink.

 It's pretty clear how to do it as you can see...

First paint the cover with a decent coat, mine required at least more than two coats.


Then go in with the details to add an extra look.

3.  Mushy paint cover

I guess you might remember the Adhkhar book that we customized a long time ago, in this post, by now my book was a bit boring so I customized it for the 3rd time!

To do this book cover you'll need to draw a picture or something using paint then let it dry, the paint I used here was watercolors.

tube watercolors

Then draw other details with more paint and immediately top the cover with tape avoiding it to dry.




You can play with the undried paint around the cover, it's so fun to play and make.

If you aren't interested in the idea for your image that was drawn to get ruined when playing, you could let it completely dry and then add tape.

If you desire, paint can be randomly poured and then covered with tape so that you could freely play on the cover!


I hope you will try one of these covers and brighten your old ones!

Assalamualykum...














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars