Tiny wood creature


Photo by Kiran CK on Unsplash

The pot was pulled across the verandah, scrapping its floor which made me feel sudden guilt and consciousness. I tried to wipe the scratch marks with my hand and then a large piece of clothing, but nothing helped so I took my eyes off and walked away to do my other work, but something stopped me from walking away. I felt the discomfort of a slightly sharp tiny detailed piece of dark coloured wood that had light severity in pain when stepped on, basically not noticeable to how light its sharpness effected. I bent and picked it up, wondering how a wood particle would come to the verandah as nothing around was wood, however, it didn't take much notice as it wasn't something to even think about when it's so atomic, but it took my notice highly when it seemed to sort of move a bit, I shook it slightly, as if it were to have life it would've moved but... it didn't, just wobbled and behaved just like a shy piece of wood would do, "no fancy just ordinary" I thought as I dropped it towards the grass.


Its fate of it prevented it from being drowned or buried in the harsh grass, it landed instead on the nearby soil, getting a bit covered with the friendly warm soil. I was the getting back to work when something told me not to, just give it a last goodbye look, as I turned again at the ordinary wood, a grayish-white tiny-weeny head poked out with six chubby legs. I was astounded that it was alive and undistinguished towards wood, I put a shout to my sister and told her everything. We both then picked it to a safe spot and spoke to it in a benign manner as it slowly left, creeping under dead and alive grass and into its own world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars