Dear Simon....


OK, this pic is merely exaggeration!
                              


Dear Simon, I have an awkward situation that made me feel I'm stupid.

It all started because of two electrical outlets, we had two electrical outlets in our bedroom and one had an electrical defect.

    My sis loved to keep our room organized and clean and so did I, but she hated 'wires' running all over our room and we both preferred to use 'wireless' peripheral devices instead of them.
We had two computer tables in our bedroom with a nest of cables surrounding it, and most often it used to get caught to hair and little bits of dirt which made us feel so awful and gross (who likes that?) !

So... one day our dad was helping us lay the wires 'neatly' around our room and he kept repeating he would try to keep it as neat as possible in order to make my sis pleased with the bedroom!
We had to use the wall socket with the electrical issue because of 'neatness sake', the other wall plug was safe but far apart from the laptop which meant we had to fix a longer wire, which meant our room will look 'uglier'.

Once my dad laid all the wires and our room looked better he told me that the wall plug isn't safe because of the electrical sparks and buzzing noises it makes once you on it and it's because there was a problem with the switch plate. He said he will try to fix it by removing the safe socket's switch plates and transfer it to the one with a defect so that we can use it more safely.

Now I took his word into my mind and thought it was a great idea. A few days after that , my sister went for a shower and I decided to surprise her by removing the switch plates and transfer it by my own forgetting that I was gonna deal with LIVE electricity and I was gonna risk my life!
So I took a screwdriver and started removing the strews of the wall plug and kept on going...
until I had to remove the wires that was connected to the switch plates, I touched it to remove and I felt a sense of heavily electrocution buzzing through me and I was able to pull my hand off the plug immediately!  
SO all those while I didn't realize I was dealing with LIVE wires and LIVE electricity which was quite  enough to melt me down into ashes, my brain!
Once I felt the electrocution I went to tell my mom what happened and she was shocked, she scolded me and told me the reality what I did.  
The main electrical switch immediately got offed once I got electrocuted which helped me pull my hand off the wires (otherwise I couldn't have!)

My mom didn't scold me to much for the mistake but she hoped that I did learn from my dump action and my impulsiveness. But how would I explain it to my dad?  Oooof!

So once my dad came down stairs we came up with a plan to stay silent like nothing happened and everything is normal.

The electricity was down for some time and he thought it was normal like it happens sometimes occasionally, so he switched on the main switch and continued his life.

I couldn't be hiding the open switch with wires hanging and decided to confess it with him, so after hours I calmly told him what happened.
And that was the end of the day! He was frothing mad because of my impulsiveness and my risk which I took and he offed the main switch , which meant we didn't have electricity for nearly a day!

Yours sincerely,
Hanah

.
.
.
So what do you think of the above 'confession', do you think it's true? 
LOL, yes It is and it did happen to me!

I had to imagine writing a confession letter to Simon Mayo -  an English radio presenter and author who has worked for BBC Radio ( and I had to do it for my English studies)

See ya next time, In ShaAllah!

!مع السلامة 

هناء 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eid gifts (1)

Eid gifts (2)

5 ways to decorate jars